Check How Indian Army Destroyed Terror Camps: 2016 Surgical Strike Video
There had been a much debate on surgical strikes in the year 2016. Several people stated that it is fake and no such thing took place.
For those, the video of the surgical strikes carried out by Indian Army in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir is the perfect answer.
Nearly two years after the Indian Army conducted “surgical strikes” on terror launchpads across the Line of Control (LoC) in September 2016, the video clips have surfaced.
Indian Army carried out a surgical strike on Pakistan on September 29, 2016, and at least 38 terrorists were eliminated in the surgical strike. 19 soldiers were martyred in the Pakistan-sponsored attack.
In the video, you can see Indian Army destroying terror camps in PoK.
To monitor the operation army used thermal imaging cameras, Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) and head-mounted cameras.
The visuals in this video contain both dates as well as a time stamp.
The video clearly shows that the Indian Army carried out the first surgical strike at 6.15pm while the second strike was at 6.16pm. 20 seconds later, the third strike.
What The Strikes Changed On The Ground
Former Jammu and Kashmir chief minister Omar Abdullah took to Twitter to say there needs to be a discussion on what changed on the ground because of the surgical strikes.
There is nothing to be gained from debating whether the #SurgicalStrikes took place. What we should be objectively discussing is what the strikes changed on the ground.
— Omar Abdullah (@OmarAbdullah) June 28, 2018
A former Northern Army commander said the videos are genuine.
Lt General DS Hooda (retd), former Northern Army Commander who was directly in charge of the surgical strikes, was quoted in the report as saying, “The videos are real. I can confirm that.”
“When the surgical strikes happened, my view was that the videos should have been released as proof. It is good that they have come out now. One of the major challenges that the team that went across, faced was that the camps were located close to Pakistan Army posts,” Hooda added.
He further said that the “feed was also going to Delhi”.
“The whole operation lasted for six hours. The first target was hit at midnights and the last at about 6-6.15,” he added.
In the days following the incident, Opposition parties, including Congress and Aam Aadmi Party, had demanded the government release “proof” of the incident in order to reject Pakistan’s claims of unprovoked firing.
“Since the surgical strikes have happened, Pakistan has stooped to the level of conducting dirty politics. They are trying to take international reporters to the border and saying that no strike has happened. I appeal that they (the government) should unveil the false propaganda that is being spread by Pakistan,” Kejriwal said.
BJP Politicizing The September 2016 Surgical Strikes
After the release of September 2016 surgical strike video, the Congress today accused the Modi government and the BJP of politicizing the September 2016 surgical strikes and said the blood and sacrifice of the country’s brave soldiers cannot be a political vote garnering tool for them.
Our Armed Forces have always made every Indian proud by their indomitable courage
We are proud that our forces have successfully conducted multiple #SurgicalStrikes over last two decades
As Modi Govt seeks to politicize it through 'headlines management', Nation seeks answers- pic.twitter.com/ZpFPlQrH7D
— Randeep Singh Surjewala (@rssurjewala) June 28, 2018
Congress chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala said,
“On the one hand, the Modi Government/BJP indulge in seeking credit for the sacrifice of our soldiers and surgical strikes, yet the Government has utterly failed to provide the direction, the vision and the policy for dealing with Pakistan and checkmating Pak-sponsored terrorism,’.
He also accused the government of slashing Indian army budgetary allocation. He further added, “The “apathy” and “incapacity” of the Modi Government has resulted in the sacrifice of 146 soldiers, more than 1,600 ceasefire violations by Pakistan and 79 terrorist attacks post-September 2016″.
Ever since the surgical strikes took place, the opposition had been raising questions and demanding proof of the military action. And now when it is released, opposition says it is to get votes.
However, people lost trust both in Congress and BJP alias Modi government. And yes, there are exceptions to Congress Bhakts and Modi Bhakts.
What do you say about the surgical strike video release? Are you the one who didn’t believe this in 2016? Share us in the comments. Wanna know what PM Modi appealed to the nation regarding Indian soldiers? Read here.