The new edition of the Indian Premier League is set to start. In the month of February, there was an IPL mini-auction. All the eight franchises bought the players and strengthened their teams. With the season being about to begin, we will bring you the set of articles where we will predict the strongest Playing XI, strength, weakness, and point table position of each team. Here we are predicting the Playing XI and point table standings for Punjab Kings.
Punjab Kings is looking strong on paper. With KL Rahul’s likes, Chris Gayle, Nicolas Pooran, Mayank Agarwal, the team can be tough to beat. In the last season, they failed to qualify for the Playoffs after losing the initial games. Will they have a chance this year? Let us find out.
Punjab Kings Squad
KL Rahul (c/wk), Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Mandeep Singh, Prabsimran Singh, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Sarfaraz Khan, Deepak Hooda, Murugan Ashwin, Ravi Bishnoi, Harpreet Brar, Mohammed Shami, Arshdeep Singh, Ishan Porel, Darshan Nalkande, Chris Jordan, Dawid Malan, Jhye Richardson, Shahrukh Khan, Riley Meredith, Moises Henriques, Jalaj Saxena, Utkarsh Singh, Fabian Allen, Saurabh Kumar
- On paper, Punjab Kings are looking strong.
- With KL Rahul, Chris Gayle, Nicolas Pooran, the team has some incredible big hitters in team.
- KL Rahul was the orange cap holder last season.
- Punjab Kings signs Dawid Malan as a backup for Chris Gayle. He is currently the number 1 T20 player.
- The team buys Jhye Richardson, and it will strengthen their pace attack.
- Punjab Kings is one of the three teams that have not won the IPL trophy till now.
- The team is much dependent on the top 4, KL Rahul, Chris Gayle, Mayank Agarwal, and Nicolas Pooran.
- Lack of experienced spinner in the team.
- There is no big name on the team who can play the role of a finisher with ease.
- Chris Gayle is already above 40, and the possibility of him playing all the league matches is rare.
- Lack of experience in winning the matches at a crucial time. It was in 2014 when Punjab Kings qualified for the finals.
Predicted Playing XI
KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal, Chris Gayle, Nicolas Pooran, Moise Henriques, Deepak Hooda, Shahrukh Khan, Jhye Richardson, Mohammad Shami, Ravi Bishnoi, Akshdeep Singh
Point Table Prediction
Punjab Kings may qualify for the playoffs. However, it totally depends on how they start the tournament. They have to win the close encounters and have to play aggressively from the start. But our predictions say that they might finish at no. 5 in the point table and have a close chance to qualify for the playoffs.