The new edition of the Indian Premier League is set to start. In the month of February, there was an IPL mini-auction. All the eight franchises bought the players and strengthened their teams. With the season being about to begin, we will bring you the set of articles where we will predict the strongest Playing XI, strength, weakness, and point table position of each team. Here we are predicting the Playing XI and point table standings for Rajasthan Royals.
Rajasthan Royals was the inaugural champion. Since then the team has not even qualified for the finals. With promising players like Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, Sanju Samson, Chris Morris, the team has the potential. The team started off well in the last season, but still finished last. Will they have a chance this year? Let us find out.
Rajasthan Royals Squad
Sanju Samson (C), Ben Stokes, Jofra Archer, Jos Buttler, Riyan Parag, Shreyas Gopal, Rahul Tewatia, Mahipal Lomror, Kartik Tyagi, Andrew Tye, Jaydev Unadkat, Mayank Markande, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Anuj Rawat, David Miller, Manan Vohra, Christopher Morris, Shivam Dube, Chetan Sakariya, Mustafizur Rahman, Liam Livingstone, K.C. Cariappa, Akash Singh, Kuldip Yadav
- Rajasthan Royals has some big names who can win the matches by themselves.
- Players like Ben Stokes, Jos Buttler, David Miller, Chris Morris, and Jofra Archer are world-class players.
- Sanju Samson is leading the side and he is known for big-hitting.
- The team buys Chris Morris, the most expensive player in IPL history to strengthen their bowling and batting.
- Rajasthan Royals start off well every season, however, they fail to capitalize once the tournament progress.
- Jofra Archer, the team’s leading bowler is unavailable for most of the matches due to injury.
- The team is mostly dependent on Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, and Sanju Samson.
- Lack of experienced spinner in the team.
- Lack of experience in winning the matches at a crucial time. Since the inaugural edition of IPL, Rajasthan Royals failed to qualify for the finals.
Predicted Playing XI
Jos Buttler, Ben Stokes, Sanju Samson, Riyan Parag, Shivam Dube, Rahul Tewatia, Chris Morris, Shreyas Gopal, Jaydev Unadkat, Mustafizur Rahman, Kartik Tyagi
Point Table Prediction
Rajasthan Royal’s biggest drawback is they lose the momentum in between. With Jofra Archer injured, the team may find it hard qualifying for the playoffs. However, it totally depends on how they start the tournament. They have to win the close encounters and have to play aggressively from the start. But our predictions say that they might finish at no. 6 in the point table and even 2021 will have disappointed for Rajasthan Royals fans.