The new edition of the Indian Premier League is set to start. In the month of February, there was an IPL mini-auction. All the eight franchises bought the players and strengthened their teams. Now, with the season is about to begin, we will bring you the set of articles where we will predict the strongest Playing XI, strength, weakness, and point table position of each team. Here we are predicting the Playing XI for Kolkata Knight Riders.
Kolkata Knight Riders have a good mixture of some promising youngsters and experienced players. The two-time IPL champions never won the trophy since 2014. Will they have a chance this year? Let us find out.
Kolkata Knight Riders Squad
Shubman Gill, Rahul Tripathi, Karun Nair, Eoin Morgan (F), Nitish Rana, Gurkeerat Mann Singh, Tim Seifert (F), Dinesh Karthik, Sheldon Jackson, Andre Russell (F), Shakib Al Hasan (F), Ben Cutting (F), Venkatesh Iyer, Kuldeep Yadav, Varun Chakravarthy, Sunil Narine (F), Harbhajan Singh, Pawan Negi, Vaibhav Arora, Pat Cummins (F), Lockie Ferguson (F), Prasidh Krishna, Sandeep Warrier, Shivam Mavi, Kamlesh Nagarkoti
- Combination of experienced and good prominent young players.
- On paper, Kolkata Knight Riders have a well-balanced side in IPL.
- Eoin Morgan is one of the amazing captains leading the side.
- Kolkata Knight Riders have Andre Russell as a finisher.
- The team has good spinners in form of Varun Chakraborty, Harbhajan Singh, Sunil Narine, Kuldeep Yadav, Shakib Al Hasan. KKR has to play a few of their matches in Chennai where the pitch supports spin.
- The team has Pat Cummins and Lockie Ferguson. Both are experienced and amazing fast bowlers.
- Kolkata Knight Riders are mostly dependent on Andre Russell as their finisher.
- Andre Russell is not in the same form as he was a few years ago. He has injury issues and it is unlikely he will play all 14 league matches.
- Sunil Narine is not in form and it is not good for Kolkata Knight Riders.
- Kuldeep Yadav is off-color and he will not be their straight choice in Playing XI.
- Harbhajan Singh has not played any matches since 2019.
- Dinesh Karthik was also looked off-color in last season. This was the reason why he quit the captaincy.
- Shubhman Gill was the highest run-getter for Kolkata Knight Riders last season However, his strike rate was low and it was the cause of concern.
Predicted Playing XI
Shubman Gill, Nitish Rana, Rahul Tripathi, Eoin Morgan, Dinesh Karthik, Andre Russell, Pat Cummins, Sunil Narine, Harbhajan Singh, Prasidh Krishna, Varun Chakraborty
Point Table Prediction
Though the team is looking balanced, still the chances for qualifications are tough. The reason is poor form and lack of match practice for many players. They might finish at no. 7 in the point table after the league matches.