The new edition of the Indian Premier League is set to start. In the month of February, there was an IPL mini-auction. All the eight franchises bought the players and strengthened their teams. Now, with the season is about to begin, we will bring you the set of articles where we will predict the strongest Playing XI, strength, weakness, and point table position of each team. Here we are predicting the Playing XI for Mumbai Indians.
— Praneet Samaiya (@praneetsamaiya) April 9, 2021
Mumbai Indians is the most successful franchise with five titles. They will start this year’s tournament as favorites. Mumbai Indians will look forward to creating history with a hattrick of IPL titles. Do you know Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma has one hattrick in IPL and it is against Mumbai Indians?
Mumbai Indians Squad
Rohit Sharma (Captain), Quinton de Kock (WK), Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan (WK), Chris Lynn, Anmolpreet Singh, Saurabh Tiwary, Aditya Tare, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Anukul Roy, Jasprit Bumrah, Trent Boult, Rahul Chahar, Jayant Yadav, Dhawal Kulkarni, Mohsin Khan, Nathan Coulter Nile, Adam Milne, Piyush Chawla, James Neesham, Yudhvir Charak, Marco Jansen, Arjun Tendulkar
- Mumbai Indians is probably the most balanced squad in IPL.
- Rohit Sharma is the most successful IPL captain with five titles and his experience is a big plus for Mumbai Indians.
- With the likes of Kieron Pollard and Hardik Pandya, they have the best finishers.
- Ishan Kishan and Suryakumar Yadav are in impressive form. Ishan Kishan scored over 500 runs last season and hit the most sixes in IPL 2020.
- Jasprit Bumrah and Trent Boult are world-class bowlers.
- They have the experience of winning the matches in crucial situations. Mumbai Indians won two finals with just 1 run.
- They do not have any experience spinner in their squad. Rahul Chahar will be their leading spinner. Though they have bought Piyush Chawla as an experienced spinner, still it will be interesting to see how they will add him in Playing XI.
- Mumbai Indians will not play any matches at Wankhede Stadium.
Predicted Playing XI
Rohit Sharma, Quinton de Kock, Suryakumar Yadav, Ishan Kishan, Kieron Pollard, Hardik Pandya, Krunal Pandya, Nathan Coulter Nile, Jasprit Bumrah, Trent Boult, Rahul Chahar
Point Table Prediction
With such an experience lineup, they are clear favorites to start the tournament. The team will surely reach the Playoffs and most probably finish at the top of the table. Mumbai Indians will start their campaign against Royal Challengers Bangalore at Chepauk, Chennai on April 9, 2021.