The new edition of the Indian Premier League is set to start. In the month of February, there was an IPL mini-auction. All the eight franchises bought the players and strengthened their teams. Now, with the season is about to begin, we will bring you the set of articles where we will predict the strongest Playing XI, strength, weakness, and point table position of each team. Here we are predicting the Playing XI for Sunrisers Hyderabad.
Sunrisers Hyderabad is one of the most balanced teams on paper. David Warner has the most 50 plus scores in the IPL. The team reached the Playoffs in 2020 and have won the tournament in 2016. Will they have a chance this year? Let us find out.
Sunrisers Hyderabad Squad
David Warner (c), Kane Williamson, Jonny Bairstow (wk), Manish Pandey, Sreevats Goswami (wk), Wriddhiman Saha (wk), Priyam Garg, Vijay Shankar, Abhishek Sharma, Abdul Samad, Virat Singh, Jason Roy, Jason Holder, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Shahbaz Nadeem, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, T. Natarajan, Sandeep Sharma, Khaleel Ahmed, Siddarth Kaul, Basil Thampi, Jagadeesha Suchith, Kedar Jadhav, Mujeeb-ur-Rahman
- On paper, Sunrisers Hyderabad has one of the most balanced sides in IPL.
- Rashid Khan is World’s best T20 spinner and he will be leading the spin department.
- All the eight foreign players of Sunrisers Hyderabad are potential match winners.
- The team has Jason Holder who is one of the best fast bowling all-rounders.
- With the likes of Mujeeb-ur-Rahman, Mohammad Nabi, and Rashid Khan they have probably the best spin attack among all the franchise.
- Jason Roy, Jonny Bairstow, and Kane Williamson can turn the match single-handedly.
- On pace attack, Sunrisers Hyderabad has Bhuvneshwar Kumar, T Natarajan, Sandeep Sharma.
- Even uncapped players like Abhishek Sharma, Priyam Garg, and Abdul Samad contributed to the team in the past.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad is mostly dependent on foreign players.
- There is no big name on the team who can play the role of a finisher with ease.
- There is no good replacement for a bowler like Bhuvneshwar Kumar. He injured in the last season.
- The only reliable Indian batsman Manish Pandey was out due to injury. His lack of match practice may hamper his form.
Predicted Playing XI
David Warner, Wriddhiman Saha, Manish Pandey, Kane Williamson, Priyam Garg, Abdul Samad, Jason Holder, Rashid Khan, Bhuneshwar Kumar, T Natarajan, Sandeep Sharma
Point Table Prediction
With such a balanced squad, Sunrisers Hyderbad has a high chance of reaching the playoffs. They might finish at no. 3 in the point table after the league matches.