The way you sleep and the surface you sleep on influence your spinal health starting you’re your childhood and during your entire life. If the bed you rest on night after night is not right for you, there’s a high possibility that you will experience all sorts of distressing pains (mainly on your back and neck). Thus, if you want to enjoy a sound sleep and also a healthy body for a long time, our advice is to invest in a proper mattress.
I know that choosing the right one out of so many models on the market can be a bit confusing, but there’s a handy tool which comes to our help when we need to make an informed purchase: the online reviews. I’ve grown in considering them my favorite ally when it comes to online shopping, mainly for critical items such as my bed or other sleeping accessories which I expect to enjoy for a long while.
Based on my experience as a passionate online shopper and a person who adores comfortable sleep, I put together a short comparison between two brands which I find exceptional, each presenting various features and numerous advantages. I’m talking about Cocoon (constructed by a company with 100 years of experience in the field) and Bear (which has been around for more than 25 years).
I’ve read a lot of reviews about those two brands and their products and even tried them for myself. The Mattress Matchers Cocoon analysis helped me to understand better the advantages of the mattresses designed by the experienced manufacturer, but also their downsides.
As my primary concern was how good the bed would be for my spinal health, here’s what I’ve discovered:
- The Cocoon is an excellent option for pressure relief, therefore for those suffering from backaches.
- The layers of foam embedded in the mattress guarantee comfort and support, with one exception: heavy people may not receive the backing they need as the mattress is not that thick.
- Most buyers agree that Cocoon, even though not too firm, does a great job of supporting the spine.
- The mattresses are well-rated for durability, in between 7 to 12 years (except, again, for heavier people, who should expect less sturdiness from their bedding).
- The manufacturer offers a 100-nights trial period, with a 30 day break-in period recommended. If you are not comfortable with it, you can send it back and try another one, from the same brand. If you still don’t like it, you’ll get a full refund.
Also Read: Best Food Options To Stay Young And Healthy
The Bear mattresses belong to the new wave of high-tech products in the sleep industry. They use the Celliant technology (a modern material consisting of a mixture of thermo-reactive minerals, which transform the extra body heat into the beneficial infrared light) which has clinically-proven perks for the body.
When you look for the Bear reviewed, you’ll see that customers appreciate that innovative feature, but also the following ones:
- The mattress is firm and soft at the same time, which makes it great for side sleeping (the best sleeping posture recommended by experts for our health).
- The models are designed to take the edge off pressure points and straighten your spine, which makes them perfect not only for athletes but also for people battling chronic back pain.
- Customers indicate the Bear as one of the most supportive mattresses on the market. As I have felt it myself, the bed does a great job of aligning the spine and providing the right support for it and the rest of the body.
- The mattress is responsive to shoulders, hips and the back.
- The manufacturer offers a 100-nights free sleep trial, with the recommendation of sleeping on it for at least 30 days before returning it and asking for a full refund.
- The durability of the mattress rates as more than satisfactory, from 7 to 12 years, but factors such as body weight may bring a slight cutback in sustainability.
As you can see, both mattresses offer considerable advantages, but in the end, the choice is yours. I confess I felt more comfortable with Bear, but the Cocoon has impressed me as well. The best action you can take is read the detailed reviews, try out the mattresses and decide according to your preferences.