15. India Improved Its Trade And Reduced Territorial Disputes With The People’s Republic of China Under His Reign
16. He Started Pradhanmantri Gramin Sadak Yojna That Connected Distant Villages Across The Country With A Network Of All-Weather Roads
17. He Was The Reason For Telecom Success In India
Under New Telecom Policy, the Vajpayee government introduced a revenue model that helped telecom firms get away with fixed license fees. He created Telecom Dispute Settlement Appellate Tribunal to further enhance the telecom sector. Due to this, the industry witnessed a growth of telecom penetration from 3% to 70% in a span of 12 years.
18. In 2001, When Our Parliament Was Attacked, Shri. Vajpayee Ordered The Military To Mass Mobilize To Show Our Neighbors That We Were Not Ignorant Of Their Vile Deeds
19. One Of His Most Noted Speeches Came On The Floor Of The Parliament In 1996 When He Resigned As Prime Minister Due To A Lack Of Numbers
He said “Governments come and go and parties are born and disappear. Above it all, the country must stay shining, its democracy immortal,”
20. He Is A Man With No Haters
Even the opposition parties termed him as the “right person in wrong place”.
Dr. Manmohan Singh said about him, “An excellent orator, an impressive poet, an exceptional public servant, an outstanding parliamentarian and a great prime minister, Shri Vajpayee ji stood among the tallest leaders of modern India, who spent his whole life serving our great country. His services to our nation will be remembered for a long time to come”.
21. Atal Bihari Vajpayee Served As Prime Minister Of India For Three Non-Consecutive Terms Between 1996 And 2004
Unfortunately, he could not become PM again after the 2004 elections. He lost not due to poor performance but due to better coalition formation by opposition parties.
The period when Vajpayee was the Prime Minister was the golden period of India. No other person had such a high level of respect in his opposition’s hearts.
May his soul rest in peace. India has lost a gem and one of her sons. Isn’t it? Share us in the comments. Decisions taken by Atal Bihari Vajpayee changed India completely. Read here.