Former PM Atal Bihari Vajpayee was the person who gained respect even from opponents not out of courtesy but from the depth of their hearts. It is known to the world that this legendary person passed away. On June 11, he was admitted to AIIMS with a kidney tract infection, chest congestion, urinary tract infection, and low urine output. The entire country mourns his death.
Vajpayee was a good orator, good administrator, soft-spoken and non-controversial person. It was during his rule in 1998; that India formally became a nuclear power.
In the history of independent India, India accelerated its economic growth rates to double digits due to his rule. The 93-year-old Vajpayee will always be remembered as one of the ever-best sons of India.
When FM radio announced the death of ABV this evening, my taxi driver commented – because of ABV we zip at 100-120 KMPH in highways now. #Legacy #Respect.
— MRV (@MRVChennai) August 16, 2018
We bring you some lesser-known and shocking facts about Former PM Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee.
1. He Conducted A Nuclear Test Against The Whole League of Nations Who Hated Him For That
We can learn that we should not give a damn about the world when it comes to securing National interest. In May 1998, India conducted 5 underground nuclear tests in Pokhran desert in Rajasthan under his leadership.
2. He Participated In Freedom Struggle. During Quit India Movement He And His Elder Brother, Prem Was Arrested For 23 Days
3. Atal Bihari Vajpayee And His Father Studied Law Together And Stayed Together At The Hostel
4. He Was The Man Who Adorned Simplicity, Mother Tongue. He Was The First PM Who Spoke In Hindi In UN Assembly
5. He Passed The Chandrayaan-I Project, Which Enabled India To Reach The Moon In 2008
6. To Strengthen India-Pakistan Ties, He Introduced The Bus To Lahore
Yes. He tried to develop peace with Pakistan through his famous Lahore bus and then invited the army-dictator of Pakistan to India – General Pervez Musharraf for the Agra summit.