The new edition of the Indian Premier League is set to start. In the month of February, there was an IPL mini-auction. All the eight franchises bought the players and strengthened their teams. Now, with the season is about to begin, we will bring you the set of articles where we will predict the strongest Playing XI, strength, weakness, and point table position of each team. Here we are predicting the Playing XI for Chennai Super Kings.
Chennai Super Kings is the second most successful franchise with three titles. MS Dhoni captained the side since the start of IPL. Chennai Super Kings is one of the most consistent teams in IPL and they have reached the playoffs every year except the last one. Will they have a chance this year? Let us find out.
Chennai Super Kings Squad
Faf du Plessis, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, N. Jagadeesan (wk), Robin Uthappa, MS Dhoni (captain/wk), Ravindra Jadeja, Sam Curran, Dwayne Bravo, Karn Sharma, R. Sai Kishore, Mitchell Santner, Imran Tahir, Deepak Chahar, Shardul Thakur, Lungi Ngidi, KM Asif, Moeen Ali, K Gowtham, Cheteshwar Pujara, M Harisankar Reddy, K. Bhagath Varma, C Hari Nishanth and Jason Behrendorff
- Chennai Super Kings is the most consistent team in the IPL.
- MS Dhoni’s experience will help the team a lot.
- Moeen Ali and Krishnappa Gowtham are good all-rounders with hitting abilities in the team.
- Suresh Raina, the teams leading run-scorer in IPL is back with the team after opting out from last season.
- Many players have retired from the international games.
- Lack of match practice could be a major concern for the team.
- The last IPL season was the worst for CSK when they have finished seventh at the point table.
- Chennai Super Kings brought the players like Moeen Ali and Krishnappa Gowtham keeping in mind of Chennai’s wicket. However, they will not play any matches at Chepauk Stadium.
Predicted Playing XI
Rituraj Gaikwad, Faf Du Plessis, Suresh Raina, Ambati Rayudu, Moeen Ali, MS Dhoni, Sam Curran, Ravindra Jadeja, Dwayne Bravo, Shardul Thakur, Deepak Chahar
Point Table Prediction
Lack of match practice and loss of touch could hurt Chennai again this season. With such an experience lineup, they are clear favorites to start the tournament. The team will find it hard to reach the Playoffs.