We all know how censorship is done in India. Censorship is a very sensitive issue today. Women in the Middle East are often required to cover up their face and body when they are out in public.
Yes, and even if you observe famous pop albums and advertisements, they are given a modest makeover. Using Photoshop, ads are cleverly disguised. For example, turning tight jeans into flowing skirts. Here are some of the most shocking censorship made by the Middle Eastern countries on album covers and ads.
1. The Pool Ad
2. Justin Beiber – Purpose
3. They literally put a skirt on it
4. Mariah Carey is given a rather subtle edit on this album cover
5. The models on these inflatable boxes are scribble out with a sharpie
6. Even the back covers were not spared
7. She is placed inside a lotus flower!
8. Mariah’s album cover got covered that she was given clunky pair of trousers under her dress in the album
9. Geri Halliwell’s album cover is given a modest makeover
10. And the singer receives another edit
11. Demi Lovato seems blue
12. The addition of a red body suit means that Katy Perry’s album is now shelf appropriate in the Middle East
13. We guess, everything isn’t hers
14. Shakira – Oral Fixation
15. Rihanna’s silk jacket is fastened to cover her modesty
Here are five such ads that created huge controversy among people.
What do you say about this? Share us in the comments.