Prime Minister Narendra Modi will digitally launch nine Vande Bharat Express trains on September 24, 2023. Two more Vande Bharat trains would be included for the state of West Bengal. Through video conference, PM Modi will officially launch the Vande Bharat train operation that links the Patna-Howrah and Ranchi-Howrah sectors. There will be 25 new features on the new rakes for the Patna-Howrah and Ranchi-Howrah routes. Continue reading to know more about the same.
Introducing Patna-Howrah Vande Bharat Express
With two stops along the way, the Patna-Howrah Vande Bharat Express will cover the 531 kilometers in 6 hours and 30 minutes. The Patna-Howrah Vande Bharat Express will be the second Vande Bharat train for Bihar, following the June 27, 2023 launch of the Patna-Ranchi service. However, the Patna-Jhajha-Asansol-Burdwan-Howrah main line’s tracks have already started to be strengthened as part of Indian Railways’ preparation for the semi-high-speed train service on the Patna-Howrah route.
- The daytime Patna-Howrah Vande Bharat Express would travel 535 kilometers, stopping at Jasidih (Deoghar in Jharkhand) and Asansol (West Bengal).
- It will travel the journey in 6 hours and 30 minutes at a speed of 90 to 110 kilometers per hour, which is far quicker than the other trains on the route, which generally take 8 to 10 hours.
- The Janshatabdi Express now travels the Patna-Howrah route at the fastest speed, taking 7 hours and 55 minutes to reach its destination after making 14 stops.
New Route Additions For Hyderabad Railways
The routes for the three trains in Hyderabad are anticipated to be: The Indian Railways plans to launch more than ten Vande Bharat trains around the nation.
- Secunderabad-Nagpur and Secunderabad-Pune
- Kacheguda-Yeshwantpur (Bengaluru)
- Vijayawada- Chennai via Tirupati
Vande Bharat Express Route Briefs
Over 25 Vande Bharat Express trains are currently traveling 50 itineraries (25 up and 25 down) across India. Moreover, One of these trains travels through each of the following railway zones: South East Central, Eastern, East Coast, South Central, South Eastern, Northeast Frontier, East Central, South Western, and North Eastern Railway Zones. Of these trains, four are in the Northern Zone. Three are in the Southern and Central Zones. Two are in the Western, West Central, and North Western Railway Zones.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi introduced the initial Vande Bharat Express train on February 15, 2019. It was created at the Chennai-based Integral Coach Factory (ICF). Furthermore, It travels between New Delhi and Varanasi. The train also represents India’s “Make in India” effort and displays its engineering prowess.
What do you think about these new additions to the Indian Railways System? Make sure to share your opinions with us in the comment section below. Your response is much awaited!