There are certain rules in India which almost all of us in India follow. They differ from place to place. Some unwritten rules in India are:
1. It is perfectly ok to address anybody as bhaiya ranging from vendors to neighbors.
2. We hate when vendors/ hawkers address us as Aunty. We love it when we are referred as Behenji.
3. Bargaining is our birthright.
4. We take our festivals very seriously. We need a reason to dress, eat and celebrate.
5. Cricket is SACRED. Don’t mess with Sachin Tendulkar….But Rahul Dravid is clearly the GOD!
6. There’s no better way to bond than to have chai together.
7. While driving, expect people to come at you from every direction possible! It’s not a road, it’s Road Rash!
8. You were born to be a Doctor/ Engineer and at the very least, a Chartered Accountant or MBA- holding business professional
9. Everyone complains about the Indian Railways, but we love it.
10. NEVER give anyone money as gift in even numbers (It is considered inauspicious). It’s always 101, 501…etc.
There are many to add but above are some of them.