6. “Maine Kaha Tha…” (I told you so…!) (SHE IS ALWAYS RIGHT)
Don’t you dare ask how… but your mother always knew you were going to miss that train or that best friend of yours was going to cheat on you or…
Any unfortunate event in your life comes with the mandatory ‘I told you so’ followed by a long list of mistakes you have made and the times you didn’t listen to your parents and did something stupid.
7. When You Watch TV For More Than 2 Hours: “Tumhein Pata Hai Sharma Ji Ka Beta 6 Ghante Padhta Hain Roz!”
There is always Sharma ji ka beta interfering whenever we want to chill. But deep down, we know that she just wants us to prosper.
8. When She Wants You To Obey Her “Main Teen Tak Ginungi! Ek, Do, ….” “I’m Going To Count To Three! One, Two, ….”
Better kick into hyperdrive and pick up that toy or close your mouth, because that dreadful number three is coming and it’s coming with a lot of force. If you haven’t picked up on it, Mom’s not kidding and once she says “three”, if you haven’t done what you were told, you’ve got a chappal coming towards you with all that force.
9. When You Ask Her To Chill: “You Will Understand When You Have Kids Of Your Own!”
We get it ma! We’re a bit on the tough side to handle, but we know you love us all the same! But doesn’t it make you wonder how you might handle your own kids someday as well?
10. “I Never Talked To My Mother Like That.”
A typical phrase used by Moms all over the world. It will hit you with guilt and usually followed by something dealing with the downfall of manners and morals in your generation, she shakes her head and secretly hopes you don’t know well enough to know this isn’t true.
11. When You Come Back Home After 3 Months: “Haaye! Kuch Khaata Nahi Hai Kya? Kitna Kamzor Hogaya Hai Tu.”
You know when you go back home from Uni you are gonna be filled with Ghar ka khana and ma ka Pyaar. And no matter how well fed you were back in college, Moms can never see you satisfied without her food and rightly so!
12. “Don’t Make Me Come Over There!”
The one token phrase that our Moms use that scare us to death! Whether it be a petty disturbance or a big one, this one always sends shivers down our spines!
Sometimes, our desi Moms can get too overprotective, condescending, passive-aggressive but whatever they do, they are only doing and saying because they think it’s the best for us. We understand that our mothers have got a million things on their plate to take care of – work, home, family, friends – but they still give their best to not only be a cool mother, but also a good Mom.
This Mother’s Day let’s return the love in abundance and be a good son/daughter and cherish this bond by giving her a sweet surprise.