The Ministry of Railways has proposed an online ticket booking service to let pet owners travel by train. The new service promises to simplify the procedure of traveling with pets.
Although dogs make excellent travel companions, many pet owners have to leave them behind when going on vacation. Separation anxiety can impact both pets and their owners, making it a challenging experience for both.
You have another option now if you don’t want to leave your furry companion at a pet hostel or with a family member.
IRCTC New Plan
Earlier, pet owners had to reserve a complete first-class AC cabin or coupe by visiting the parcel booking booth. Or carry their pets in a box in the second-class luggage and break van. However, these options were often inconvenient and impractical.
To address this issue, the Ministry of Railways is considering launching an online ticket booking service for pets, making it easier and more convenient for pet owners to travel on trains with their furry companions.
The Ministry of Railways has proposed introducing online booking services for dogs traveling in AC-1 class trains, with the option for TTEs to book pets on board. The goal is to make train travel more accessible and more enjoyable for pet owners and furry friends.
The Railway Board has asked the Centre for Railway Information Systems to change the software to allow for online booking of animals through the IRCTC website.
TTEs will be authorized to book tickets for pets once the online booking facility for pets is launched. These pets will travel in the SLR coach, which is intended for the guard. Pet owners will be able to offer food, water, and other requirements for their furry pals at train stops.
Conditions For Booking Online Tickets For Animals
- The passenger’s ticket should be confirmed.
- If the passenger cancels the ticket, no refund will be given for the animal ticket.
- In case the train is canceled or delayed by more than three hours, the animal ticket fee will not be refunded either. Only the passenger’s ticket will be refunded.
- Large domestic animals like horses, cows, buffaloes, etc., are booked and transported in goods trains.
- Large animals must have a person to take care of them during the journey.
- The owner will be held liable for any damage to the animals; the Railways is not responsible for them.
IRCTC Guidelines For Traveling With Pets
- Book tickets online.
- Get a photocopy of it.
- Make sure your pet is up to date with the vaccinations.
- Carry vaccination certificates with you.
- Acquire a fitness certificate from the vet 24-48 hours before departure.
- Carry water, food, and a toy to keep your pet comfortable and entertained during the journey.