The current global pandemic has put us all in a state of constant worry, tensing up at the smallest health-related inconveniences. The complete importance of good health and self-care is well understood now more than ever. Everyone is putting in the maximum effort into taking care of themselves and their loved ones. The ideal protocol suggests a balanced, nutrition-packed diet, social distance at all times, following strict sanitation procedures, taking care of hygiene, and using face masks when stepping out. Along with this, regular exercise is important to build immunity to help prevent as well as fight coronavirus. Hence, to make sure you take the best care of yourself, Pranayama is worth adding to your routine.
Pranayama is an important part of yoga that mainly focuses on guided breath control. It involves careful coordination of breathing exercises along with any external stimuli to ensure your body can fully heal and grow. Pranayama has multiple benefits that you can take advantage of and use against the virus. This is not advisable for people with asthma and similar lung problems. Here are the different benefits of Pranayama that can aid in battling coronavirus:
- Boosts Immune System: A strong immune system is key in protecting your body from the virus. Pranayama helps you strengthen that. The deep inhalations and exhalations increase oxygen levels in your body, consequently increasing blood levels and providing more than adequate supply to the nervous system. This helps boost the immune system’s ability to keep any viruses out.
- Improves Lung Health: It is a well-known fact that COVID-19 is a respiratory disease. Hence, it’s only natural that lungs should be kept in good shape. Pranayama expands your lungs and diaphragm, increasing lung capacity and keeping them healthy. It stimulates the movement of lymph, blood, and white blood cells for protection.
- Reduces Stress Levels: Pranayama has been proven extremely effective in lowering stress levels by controlling the production of the stress hormone called cortisol. It is a stress buster and also helps with increasing serotonin and dopamine levels. Good mental health and mindfulness are also very crucial in battling coronavirus, so this is an important benefit.
- Detoxifies Body: The increased energy and oxygen levels in your body that is a result of Pranayama help your heart pump out fresh blood. This helps flush out all the toxins and completely detoxify your body to keep it healthy.
- Regulates Oxygen Levels: The main purpose of Pranayama is to implement breath control that is used to maintain stable oxygen levels in the body. This increases the lungs’ airflow. The deep inhalations and exhalations make way for more oxygen, which is evidently very important when battling coronavirus.
The above benefits of Pranayama show that it truly does have a great impact on your physical and mental health. Your overall health improves with it. It is one of the easiest ways you can take better care of yourself in these difficult times. Take guidance from professionals at the cult.fit and learn more about beginner, moderate and advanced breathing exercises to help strengthen your body.