Conway and Rachin Ravindra smash hundreds as New Zealand destroys reigning world champions England in the World Cup 2023 opening game. New Zealand 283-1 (36.2 overs) (Conway 152, Ravindra 123) There are a few singles, and that’s it. After playing in a great World Cup match, New Zealand lost in a famous World Cup rout. One alliance was all that was necessary. Continue reading to know more updates about the match.
New Zealand Defeated England Comprehensively
With 82 balls left, NZ won by nine wickets, which is huge. Rachin Ravindra and Devon Conway combined for an unbroken 273 off 211 balls. All 11 of the Englishmen made it to the double digits, but these two were from another planet. Continue to read more about the World Cup.
Match 1: England Vs New Zealand Match 1
Tom Latham, the acting captain of New Zealand, won the toss and decided to bowl first. While Joe Root was the center of England’s innings, wickets were lost frequently. The top partnership for England was his 70 runs off 72 balls with captain Jos Buttler. Deep-batting England lost six wickets before the 40th over. They eventually found themselves in serious trouble when Root fell for 77 off 86. England struggled through the final 10 overs but eventually managed to reach a total of 282/9 in 50 overs.
Despite losing an early wicket, Rachin Ravindra and Devon Conway helped New Zealand win comprehensively. In the end, Devon Conway completed his century in just 83 deliveries, and Ravindra also reached the century mark in just 82 balls. As was mentioned, England was without Ben Stokes for the opening ODI of the World Cup, and Kane Williamson was also absent.
New Zealand defeated the reigning champions by 9 wickets thanks to opening batsman Conway’s 152* off 121 balls and youngster Ravindra’s stroke-filled 123* (96) effort at the Narendra Modi Stadium. The best bowler was Matt Henry of New Zealand, who took three wickets and gave up 48 runs in 10 overs. Nevertheless, Ravindra received the Player of the Match award for his outstanding century against the reigning winners.
Highlights Of The Match
1. After losing an early wicket, New Zealand went on to defeat England by 9 wickets thanks to a century from Rachin Ravindra and Devon Conway.
2. New Zealand reached the goal of 283 in just 36.2 overs thanks to the pair’s 273-run stand.
3. Against the reigning champions, Devon Conway scored 152 runs off 121 balls to remain unbeaten. Rachin Ravindra also scored 123* (96).
4. England continued losing wickets when batting first in the World Cup 2023 opening, just as it appeared that they might have formed a solid partnership.
5. Joe Root was out after making 77 in 86 balls, and England finished with a total of 282/9 after 50 overs.
Conway and Ravindra put up an unbroken 273-run stand, the fourth-highest total partnership in history and the most for New Zealand in the men’s Cricket World Cup 2023, as they completely dominated the competition on the opening night.
Did you watch this match live? Which team were you supporting? Make sure to share your opinions with us in the comment section below. We await your response!