Everyone uses Facebook everday. But most of you migt not be aware of these facts about Facebook. Infact you will be surprised after reading these facts. Here are the mind blowing facts of Facebook.
1. You can’t block Mark Zuckerberg on Facebook.
2. In 2011 Facebook was one of the main reasons for marriage conflicts and divorce cases. The site makes it easier for users to find former flames and to chat with new flings.
3. Facebook is primarily blue because Mark Zuckerberg suffers on red-green color blindness.
4. The “Like” button on Facebook was originally named “Awesome”.
5. The Winklevoss Twin Brothers claim that Mark Zuckerberg stole the idea about Facebook from them.
6. Zuckerberg has written into his contract that, if he dies while still running the company, the control may be transferred to a person or entity that he has chosen as his successor.
7. Since 2013, Zuckerberg decided to take home a $1 salary each year. The reason he said, “I have made enough money already”.
8. Wanna have fun? Change your language to pirate on the site. Friends become “Mateys” and instead of liking something you just say “Arr”. To do it, go into “Account” then “Settings” and then “Languages” and select “English (Pirate)”.
9. Adding the number 4 to the end of Facebook’s URL will automatically direct you to Mark Zuckerberg’s wall.
Just try now—-www.facebook.com/4
10. Even though Facebook banned in China in 2009, there are still more than 95 million Facebook users from China.
11. Before a homepage redesign in 2007, Al Pacino was the first “face” on Facebook’s homepage who staring at you every time you went to log in.
12. It was created in a Harvard University dorm room in 2004 by friends Mark Zuckerberg, Dustin Moskovitz, Eduardo Saverin and Chris Hughes and was originally called Thefacebook.com.
13. Deleting friends from Facebook caused several murders.
14. People spend on an average, 21 minutes a day on Facebook. That’s 7,665 minutes every year!
15. Can you guess the number of photos uploaded on Facebook every minute? It’s an incredible 243, 055. Now that’s a whole lot of selfies.
16. 70% of teens are friends with their parents on Facebook.
17. Most of the revenue comes from mobile devices and it owns two of the most popular apps in the world. In 2012 it bought photo-sharing Instagram in 2012 for $1 billion (£700m). The app has 400 million active users each month. And in 2014, Facebook paid a whopping $19 billion (£13bn) for messaging app WhatsApp.
18. Zuckerberg is the fifth richest person in the world according to Bloomberg, with a net worth of $ 55.8 billion. (As of August 30, 2016).
19. Mark Zuckerberg’s Hungarian sheepdog Beast currently has 2.26 million followers on Facebook. Zuckerberg and his wife Priscilla Chan run the page and post photos of the shaggy white dog regularly.
20. Facebook respects hackers. In 2005, a student named Chris Putnam attacked Facebook with a virus which made its pages look like competitor MySpace.
Can you imagine what Facebook did?
Instead of taking legal action, Facebook co-founder and then COO Dustin Moskovitz began messaging Putnam and eventually persuaded him to drop out of school and work at Facebook as an engineer.
Really incredible Isn’t it?