There are times when you can’t join a regular college; you might be a working professional or due to financial constraints. Distance colleges provide you an option to complete the course in the comfort of your own home and without the need to attend a regular college. Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning is known as one of the best institutes for distance learning in India. Various courses are available for distance learning.
Symbiosis Center for Distance Learning (SCDL) was established in 2001. The institute is recognized by UGC and Distance Education Board.
Highlights And Awards
1. It ranked 3rd among the top distance education institutes in a list by ‘Competition Success Review’.
2. Ranked 8th among the best Distance Learning Centers by Outlook.
3. It has been awarded by HRD for quality distance education.
4. It has won Maharashtra’s government award for Human Resource Development through quality education and innovative use of ICT.
5. Was nominated for the Excellence award by the ICDE (International Council for Distance Education)
1. PGDBA (Post Graduate Diploma in Business Administration)
- The objective of this course is to help candidates build leadership skills in the competitive corporate world.
- The curriculum is designed by top-notch professionals and academicians of the corporate industry.
- It offers dual specialization.
- The total fee for the course is about 37,000 Rs.
2. Post Graduate Diploma in IT Management.
- IT industry is the fastest growing industry in India; no doubt the career opportunities are bright. The symbiosis center for Distance Learning provides a PGD in IT Management.
- Total fee for the program is about Rs 37,000 for the general. Rs 34,000 for Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police.
3. Post Graduate Diploma in Supply chain Management.
- Supply chain, Transport, and Logistics play a very important role in the corporate world. One has various career opportunities in this field.
- The total fee for the program is as follows:
- General: Rs. 23,000
- Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police: Rs. 20,000
Other specializations for PGDM are-
- Human Resource Management
- Insurance Management
- Insurance Management
- Customer Relationship Management.
- Retail Management
- International Business
- Banking and Finance
- Technical Writing
- Instructional Design
- Business and Corporate Law
1. Diploma in Creative Writing English (DCWE).
- It enables one to nurture the aptitude for creative writing. This program would polish the potential skills of being a sound writer. This course would give exposure to writing in various genres and forms.
- Fee for the program is as follows.
- For the general category: Rs 23,000
- Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police: Rs. 20,000/-
2. Diploma in English Language teaching
- This helps a student to develop a proficiency in English. The objective of the program is to build a gap between the methodology of theory and practical knowledge.
- Application Fee for the program is Rs 1500 for the general category.
- General: Rs. 11,000/-
- Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police: Rs. 11,000/-
1. Certificate Program in Cyber Law.
- This is a 6-month certificate course which focuses on legal problems and issues related to IT and cyber threats.
- Application Fee for Indian students is 1500 rupees.
- The program fee is around 11,000 rupees.
2. Certificate Program in Management Accounting
- It is designed to give experience and knowledge in various fields of accounting. One can work as Management Accountant for Private companies, public companies, and government agencies.
- The program fee is as follows.-
- General: Rs.11, 000/-
- Active Defence / Paramilitary / Police: Rs.11, 000/-
As it is a Distance Learning Center and not a regular one, the infrastructure really doesn’t matter a lot. However, facilities like resourceful Library and Labs are perks of Symbiosis.
One need to be graduated from any recognized university.
The students who are in final year of their graduation can also apply.
For the Management and PGD in Business Administration courses, one would need valid scores in exams like MAT/ ATMA/ XAT.
How To Apply
1. You can purchase the application form for 1500Rs online through SCDL website. Under the offline method, you can also purchase the form from selected Axis Bank branches and at selected SCDL Exam centers.
2. The form is required to be filled and couriered to Symbiosis Distance Learning Pune campus.
3. Submit the form along with the copies attested by the gazetted officer. The attested copied include copies of all academic documents, work experience documents, and name change document along with 2 passport size photographs and photo identity proof.
4. You will have to pay the full fee for the 1st semester along with the application form.
The complete program fees can be paid via a DD( Demand Draft) or through student login.