Today marks the start of commercial service for Uttarakhand’s first Vande Bharat Express. On May 25, 2023, Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the semi-high-speed train between Dehradun and Delhi. In addition, the train is now running at total capacity, with all seats reserved for the first nine days of service.
In addition, the train will run every day except Wednesdays and covers the 302 km distance between Anand Vihar and Dehradun in four hours and 45 minutes. This better link with Uttarakhand not only cuts travel time by one hour and 25 minutes but also provides passengers with a more convenient option.
An AC chair car ticket from Delhi to Dehradun costs Rs 1,065, while an executive chair car ticket costs Rs 1,890. Passengers can select between these two seating configurations based on their preferences and financial constraints. The AC chair car has comfy seating with air conditioning, making it ideal for relaxing travel. The executive chair car, on the other hand, provides a higher level of luxury and comfort, catering to passengers desiring a more premium experience. These fare options allow passengers to choose the appropriate seating class for their needs while traveling from Delhi to Dehradun on the Vande Bharat Express.
The Vande Bharat Express, with its distinctive blue and white color scheme, will traverse the 302-kilometer distance between its destinations in just four hours and 45 minutes. Moreover, this incredible journey time places it ahead of the 12018 Dehradun-New Delhi Shatabdi Express and the 12402 Dehradun-Kota AC Express on the route. Furthermore, with its fantastic speed and modern features, the Vande Bharat Express provides passengers with a speedy and comfortable ride, boosting connectivity and convenience for travelers between these places.
Delhi-Dehradun Vande Bharat Stops
The Dehradun-ANVT Vande Bharat Express will stop at five stations on its way between the capital towns of Dehradun and New Delhi. These railway stations include Haridwar, Roorkee, Saharanpur, Muzaffarnagar, and Meerut City.
The 22458 Dehradun-ANVT Vande Bharat Express departed from Dehradun at 07:00 hrs and is scheduled to arrive at Anand Vihar Terminal at 11:45 hrs. Thus, The train adheres to a timetable, with specific arrival and departure times at each stop along the route:
- Arrival time in Haridwar: 08:04 hrs.
- Departure time from Haridwar: 08:08 a.m.
- Arrival time at Roorkee: 08:49 hours
- 08:51 a.m. departure from Roorkee
- Arrival time in Saharanpur: 09:27 hrs.
- 09:32 hours departure from Saharanpur
- 10:07 a.m. arrival at Muzaffarnagar
- 10:09 a.m. departure from Muzaffarnagar
- 10:37 a.m. arrival at Meerut City
Furthermore, the 22457 UP ANVT-Dehradun Vande Bharat Express departs from Anand Vihar Terminal at 17:50 hours and is expected to arrive in Dehradun at 22:35 hours. The train adheres to a strict schedule, with set arrival and departure times at each station along the route:
- 18:38 hours arrival at Meerut City
- 18:40 hours departure from Meerut City
- 19:08 hours arrival at Muzaffarnagar
- 19:10 hours departure from Muzaffarnagar
- 19:55 hrs Arrival in Saharanpur
- 20:00 hours departure from Saharanpur
- Arrival time at Roorkee: 20:31 hours
- 20:33 hours departure from Roorkee
- 21:15 hours arrival at Haridwar Junction
- 21:19 hours departure from Haridwar Junction