Some facts really blow our mind. We really can’t digest certain truths. Here are the 17 facts that you probably didn’t know.
1. The Taj Mahal is taller than Qutab Minar. The Taj Mahal is 243.5ft in height while the Qutab Minar is only 239ft.
2. Every year, the number of people who take the IIT-JEE is larger than the population of Bhutan.
3. Can't be accepted easily but yes, samosas were not invented in India and it is originally from Middle East.
4. Every day, the number of people who take Mumbai local trains is larger than the population of New Zealand.
5. Corn is completely man-made plant. Mesoamerican civilizations like the Olmec and Mayans cross-bred a variety of plants together, selecting the genetic traits they liked until corn as we know it came into existence.
6. Scientists are clueless why we yawn and why it is contagious.
7. When you are 30, a whole month of your life has been your birthday.
8. "Bangalored" means being laid off because your job was outsourced. Yes, it is a legit English word in the Oxford dictionary.
9. Since Mt. Everest is getting taller every year, each person to scale it is scaling new heights.
10. When you take the first bite of a slice of pizza, you are eating the center of that actual pizza.
11. An unmarried LGBT couple can rent an apartment more easily than an unmarried straight couple in India.
12. If you combine the first syllables of "Sweden" and "Denmark" you spell "Swe-Den". If you combine the last syllables, you spell "Den-Mark".
13. Firstly books replaced tablets. Now tablets are replacing books.
14. Mike Powell set the world long jump record at 29 feet, meaning he literally launched himself 30 feet forward.
15. When Shah Rukh Khan made his Bollywood debut, Anushka Sharma was 4, Deepika Padukone was 6, and Katrina Kaif was 8. All three of them have romanced him on screen.
16. Anushka Sharma and Rupert Grint are of the same age (28).
17. One in five Americans can’t read. The United States ranks fifth in the world in functional illiteracy, with 20 percent of the population unable to read beyond "basic levels”.
Do you know any other mind-blowing facts? Let us know in the comments.