GlobalTrending

Donald Trump Signs 10% Global Tariffs After US Supreme Court Setback, ‘Adjustment Begins’

After the Supreme Court struck down his earlier import duties, Donald Trump signs a fresh 10% global tariff order and vows to continue his trade strategy.

Donald Trump Signs Tariffs
296Views

Global trade just took another sharp turn. Hours after the US Supreme Court struck down his earlier sweeping import duties, US President Donald Trump signed a fresh order imposing a 10 percent tariff on imports from around the world.

The message was clear. The fight is not over.

The new tariffs fall under a different legal framework, one that restricts them to 150 days. They are set to take effect “almost immediately.” And according to Trump, this marks the beginning of something bigger.

 

The Courtroom Blow To Donald Trump

Donald Trump
via

In a 6-3 ruling, the Supreme Court handed Trump a major setback on an issue central to his economic strategy. The earlier import duties, which had reshaped global trade conversations, were struck down.

For Trump, this was not just a policy defeat. It was personal.

He did not hold back in his response.

“Those members of the Supreme Court who voted against our very acceptable and proper method of TARIFFS should be ashamed of themselves. Their decision was ridiculous. Now the adjustment process begins, and we will do everything possible to take in even more money than we were taking in before!” he wrote in a post on Truth Social.

“The new tariffs, totally tested and accepted as Law, are on their way,” the Republican leader added.

 

Adjustment Begins

Trump framed the new order as a recalibration, not a retreat. According to him, this is merely a new phase in the tariff strategy.

The 10 per cent global tariff will operate under a law that limits its duration to 150 days. That technical shift could help bypass the legal hurdles that halted his previous duties.

But Trump made it clear that the objective remains the same — to use tariffs as leverage and revenue.

 

A Furious Reaction

Donald Trump 47th US President
via

The Supreme Court verdict clearly struck a nerve. Trump lashed out in unusually sharp language. The Republican leader said,

“I am ashamed of certain Members of the Court for not having the Courage to do what is right for our Country. Certain Members of this Court, when, in fact, they’re just FOOLS and “LAPDOGS” for the RINOS and Radical Left Democrats and, not that this should have anything to do with it, very unpatriotic, and disloyal to the Constitution.” 

The remarks underscore how central trade policy has become to his political and economic messaging.

 

The Economic Defense

Trump insists the tariff strategy is working. According to him, he was “very modest” in his “ask” of other countries and businesses as he wanted to do “nothing that could sway the decision that has been rendered by the Court.” He said,

“I have very effectively utilised tariffs over the past year to MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN. Our Stock Market has just recently broken the 50,000 mark on the DOW and, simultaneously, 7,000 on the S&P, two numbers that everybody thought, upon our Landslide Election Victory, could not be attained until the very end of my Administration – Four years!”

He also doubled down on his broader claims.

Trump repeated that he used tariffs to end “five of the eight wars” that he settled. He added,

“Tariffs have given us Great National Security and, together with our Strong Border, reduced Fentanyl coming into our Country by 30%, when I use them as a penalty against Countries illegally sending this poison to us. All of those TARIFFS remain, but other alternatives will now be used to replace the ones that the Court incorrectly rejected.”

 

How Did We Get Here?

Barely six months after returning to the White House in January last year, Trump moved aggressively on trade.

On April 2, he announced “reciprocal” taxes of up to 50 percent on imports from countries with which the US ran trade deficits. In addition, he imposed a 10 per cent “baseline” tax on nearly all other nations.

He invoked a 1977 law, declaring the trade deficit a national emergency. That declaration formed the legal backbone of his sweeping import taxes.

The move triggered backlash. Markets reacted. Trade partners protested.

Trump later suspended the reciprocal tariffs for 90 days to allow room for negotiations. Some countries negotiated concessions. Others did not. The ones that resisted faced heavier tariff pressure.

Now, after the court ruling, the strategy has evolved once again.

 

What Happens Next?

The immediate impact will likely be renewed volatility in global trade discussions. A 10 per cent tariff across the board is not minor. It affects supply chains. Pricing. And diplomacy.

At the same time, the 150-day legal window adds uncertainty. What happens after that deadline? Will Congress intervene? Will legal battles continue? Or will negotiations reshape the landscape again?

For now, Trump is framing the development as momentum, not defeat.

 

Conclusion

This is more than a tariff update. It is a political statement. Trump’s message is clear — the Supreme Court ruling may have slowed him down, but it has not stopped him.

The phrase he chose says it all: “adjustment process begins.”

In the world of global trade, that adjustment could mean fresh tensions, new negotiations and another round of economic realignment. One thing is certain. The tariff battle is far from over.

Follow Us: Facebook | Instagram | X |

Youtube | Pinterest | Google News |

Entertales is on YouTube; click here to subscribe for the latest videos and updates.

Praneet Samaiya
the authorPraneet Samaiya
Founder
Entrepreneur, Movie Critic, Film Trade Analyst, Cricket Analyst, Content Creator