In today’s Apple event, the launch of Apple Watch Series 8, Apple Watch Ultra, and Apple Watch SE, along with AirPods Pro 2 and iPhone 14 series, was witnessed. This event has unfolded many new features, and it is somewhat interesting. Read to know more!
Apple Watch Series 8
Apple began with the new Apple Watch Series 8, which received many little improvements, including a temperature sensor that helps women monitor ovulation and track their menstrual cycles.
- Temperature sensors- The new Series 8 incorporates temperature sensors on the back crystal close to the skin and just beneath the display. Over time, the sensor will keep track of the base temperature.
- Ovulation date estimates- In order to assist women to understand their ovulation cycle, it will monitor temperature variations. This could help ladies who are attempting to get pregnant. Interesting reasons exist for Apple to introduce this capability. This aims to improve women’s understanding of their menstrual cycle, which is, to be honest, frequently disregarded. Using this will be interesting since, as Apple claims, it can provide a more comprehensive picture of a woman’s menstrual health and aid with ovulation tracking.
- Crash detection- It appears that the Apple Watch Series 8 will be able to recognize when you are involved in a vehicle accident. To assist in identifying these collisions in vehicles like cars, trucks, and SUVs, Apple is relying on a range of sensors in the watch and its unique algorithm. Only while you are driving does it function.
- Low Power mode- In order to provide users with 36 hours of battery life on a single charge, Apple is adding a low-power mode. When this option is used, the Apple Watch will switch off the Always-On display without interfering with the user interface. The functionality will be available for Watch OS 9 Series 4 and later.
- International Roaming– Additionally, Apple is introducing worldwide roaming for Watch Series 5 and later.
- Pricing- The GPS version of the Apple Watch Series 8 costs $399, while the cellular version costs $499. Pre-orders may be made starting today, and sales will begin on September 16.
Apple Watch SE
- Apple Watch SE will include crash detection and family setup, just like Series 8. Additionally, it also includes a faster S8 chip.
- The price for GPS is $249, and for cellular, it is $299.
Apple Watch Ultra
This is big. It could be the Apple Watch Pro, targeted at elite athletes.
It also has one of the largest screens and a 49mm display. A dedicated action button is also included. There are two speakers for more loudness. Even in windy situations, the voice will be clear. On all variations, cellular is supported by default. 36-hour battery life is provided. Even six days of battery life are possible. In particular, while users are out trekking in the wilderness, it offers a new Wayfinder Watch face to assist users in finding directions.
The Apple Watch Ultra is very different from previous watches and pushes every feature to the limit, including battery life that can last up to 60 hours and connectivity. New accuracy dual frequency GPS is available in the Apple Watch Ultra (L1 and L5).
Apple asserts that it offers the most accurate GPS. During the workout, Apple Watch Ultra will also have new views. Triathletes can go from one phase of the race to the next using the action button. The compass app for the Apple Watch Ultra has been updated and is now much more accurate. In case you need assistance, the watch also has a loud signal feature. Heavy-duty water activities are also catered for by it. And yes, you may engage in deep diving exercises with the Watch Ultra, including scuba diving. You may bring the watch with you when you go diving. It starts at $799. It will go on sale from September 23.
AirPods Pro 2
Apple’s new H2 chip, a bespoke amplifier, is included with the AirPods Pro 2. Apple promises “more depth and clarity.” Spatial Audio is now supported by Apple AirPods Pro 2. The iPhone’s TrueDepth camera will also allow customized spatial audio based on your ear size and shape. Additionally, sophisticated Active Noise Cancellation will be included.
Moreover, they include Touch controls that let users can easily slide up or down to change the volume. It will also be simple for you to locate the charging case if you misplace it. Apple has also incorporated a speaker into the case to guarantee that a sound is played if and when you lose it.
Apple users may now charge their AirPods Pro 2 using their Apple Watch charger. The price of the Apple AirPods Pro 2 is $249. Pre-orders open on September 9, and sales begin on September 23.
iPhone 14 And iPhone 14 Plus
- Display– Apple iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Plus are here. Apple iPhone 14 Plus gets the 6.7-inch OLED display, and Apple sticks with the A15 Bionic chipset on both models. Apple is bringing the 5-core GPU to the iPhone 14 series this time.
- Camera- The 12MP+12MP system is still there in the iPhone 14 Plus and iPhone 14 cameras, but Apple claims it is employing a larger sensor for the primary 12MP camera and an upgraded 12MP front-facing camera. Additionally, it promises increased low-light performance. Also gaining autofocus is the front camera. According to Apple, the software has significantly improved the low-light performance on all three cameras this time. Apple is also enhancing the iPhone 14’s video quality. A new Action Mode has been added to increase the video’s stability.
- Connectivity– There is no SIM tray for US models. It is also bringing emergency SOS via Satellite connectivity to the iPhone 14 series- this is limited to US and Canada.
- Pricing- Apple iPhone 14 starts at $799; the iPhone 14 Plus at $899. The phones go for pre-order on September 9. Apple iPhone 14 will go on sale on September 16, while the Plus variant will be available on October 16.
iPhone 14 Pro And iPhone 14 Pro Max
- Dynamic Island Notch- iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max are here with a dynamic island notch. This would change based on the activity that you’re doing or the app you might have open.
- Display- The iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max feature a 6.1-inch and 6.7-inch screen size The iPhone 14 Pro features the brightest display on the market, with a maximum brightness of 2000 nits. The A16 Bionic chipset is standard on the iPhone 14 Pro. Apple claims that it is energy-efficient. 16 billion transistors are present. It is constructed using a 4nm technology for increased productivity.
This one has two cores with great performance and four cores with efficiency. Additionally, it features a new GPU. Moreover, A16 features a more sophisticated neural engine. In order to handle the new cameras on the iPhone 14 Pro, the ISP has also been updated.
- Camera- The primary camera now has 48MP. However, the original image only had 12MP. The 12MP telephoto camera receives a 48mm focal length to better-fit Portraits. ProRaw now allows users to shoot at a 48MP resolution. The iPhone 14 Pro variants are the only ones with the A16 Bionic CPU, which enables several new features on the devices, including a 1Hz display refresh rate and the largest-ever iPhone camera with 48MP quad pixels. The Pro versions are significantly superior in the low light shooting because of the larger camera sensor’s increased light sensitivity.
With the capacity to sharpen photographs to reveal more information, especially in low-light situations, computational photography advances a notch. With each click, the quad pixel sensor records additional data. The new action mode, which stabilizes all footage without a gimbal, also brings the video quality up a notch. And 4K resolution is now available for movies.
- Pricing- Apple’s iPhone 14 Pro starts at $999 and goes up to $1099 for Pro Max. Therefore, Apple hasn’t raised the pricing.
iPhone 14 Price India
Indian customers will get iPhone 14 for Rs 79,900 and and iPhone 14 Plus for Rs 89,900, iPhone 14 Pro for Rs. 1,29,900 and iPhone 14 Pro Max for Rs. 1,39,900. Here are the prices for watches- Apple Watch Ultra: Rs 89,900, Watch Series 8: Rs 45,900, Apple Watch SE 2: Rs 29,900, and AirPods Pro 2: Rs 26,900.