Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) is a cloud-based software that allows individuals, and businesses small or large effectively connect, converse, and take reviews from customers.
Salesforce CRM provides the liberty to enhance its software according to the individual needs of an enterprise through customization. However, this additional code is sometimes not compatible with the base software, or it doesn’t support your existing infrastructure. Developers use various Salesforce testing tools to verify these modifications and setup done in Vanilla SDFC.
The most commonly used testing tools for Salesforce are:
- HP Unified Functional Testing (UFT)
- Change Sets
- Ant Migration Tool
- Force.com IDE
Salesforce Testing Process
1. Unit Testing
Apex developers conduct this test to check the coverage of additional Apex code in the existing data records.
2. System Testing
Salesforce specialists investigate the technical operations of a system from scratch. They use test scripts with specified outputs to diagnose issues by using the system’s in-built functions and rules.
3. UAT Testing
The end-users conduct this test on a pre-defined script to check the system’s ability to deliver expected business operations and ensure that it is up to the mark.
4. Production Testing
Developers test the system to ensure that the customized code and configurations have transferred successfully from Sandbox to the production environment.
5. Regression Testing
This test checks if the additional code and modifications don’t negatively interfere with the existing client operations. Other than the company developers, the clients also check applications from their side to ensure the proper working of the Salesforce software.
Advantages Of Using Salesforce Testing Tools
- Can automatically generate test cases according to your browsers and settings.
- Can record the tests and store them for future reference.
- Save your time and expenditure on Salesforce testing.
- Automate the testing process and test the whole environment in lesser time.
- These tools will allow you to investigate your customizations, find potential vulnerabilities, and cure them when it’s easy to do so.
- You can generate test reports and analyze them to discover loopholes in your modifications.
- These tools will assist you through all the stages of Salesforce testing.
- Can conduct tests on specific areas of Salesforce CRM rather than inspecting the whole software.
Challenges Of Using Salesforce Testing Tools
- Two different tools might not be compatible with the system or with each other.
- There might be a bug in a tool that produces wrong test results and obscures real ones
- To use these different tools, enterprises should have professionals who are skilled in all of them.
- It might be difficult and expensive for small businesses to organize a team to use these tools against Salesforce.
- Using the wrong tools might cause a breakdown in the software.
About The Company
Opkey offers a no-code or zero-code automation testing platform for Salesforce where you can integrate the above-mentioned tools and use them to check your customizations.